↓ Insert soapbox
1. Okay, I usually don't like to complain about things I see when it doesn't directly involve me but...It drives me nuts when people on social networks complain/degrade/
2. Wheww...I'm done. On a better note, our lil girl went to the bathroom on her potty all by herself. Stealing Emily's thunder...she'll give ya more info.
3. Surgery went well. Now I am on to physical therapy...I think physical therapists are the most sadistic people on earth. *Disclosure - If you are a physical therapist, I am sure you are a wonderful person, but I'm sure, secretly you like to hurt people. Haha.
Therapist: Show me how far you can bend your knee Charlie.
Me: Bending knee, oh-so-slowly and carefully.
Therapist: Very good, let me see your leg. Starts to put my leg in some sort of wrestling move and begins to wrench on it.
Me: Oh, @%$# .......@(*&^%......!!!!!!!!
Therapist: Oh you did wonderful today, Charlie. See ya next time.
Me: Yea, uh-huh....I'm gonna go get on a website and write nasty things about you. Refer back to comment 1.
4. My garden is planted and doing good. Now just to keep the deer, raccoon's rabbits, skunks, two labs and a weimaraner from eating all my vegetables! Yea, our "special" dogs eat tomatoes and peppers right off the vine. awesome..
5. All of you that are in favor of us getting a swimming pool say "I"!!!!.....I look at it as something I would need to help with rehab of my knee. (Or where I can float on a raft and drink a margarita - because after dealing with comment #3, many Margaritas are needed.)
1. WOW! My hubby sure is pleasant this week isn't he!?!? HAHA! Sounds like I need to get a margarita in him quick!
2. It's true. Paisley went pee-pee on her potty this week! Yes, she's only 12 months. Nope, it hasn't happened again. I bought it last weekend because it was a bargain and we all know I can't pass up a good deal! :) Anyways...she found it and started investigating it. I've always told Charlie that when a kid gets interested in the potty, you act on it. You put them on it as soon as they show interest and you don't look back! So, unfortunately, Charlie witnessed Paisley checkin' out her new potty.
In his most sarcastic voice ever, he looked at me and said "OK, she's showing interest, don't you have to put her on it right away!?!?".
I rolled my eyes and got up to prove my point, totally assuming I was about to eat my words! I sat her on the potty and she started peeing instantly!!!! WWHHAATTT????!!!!! Charlie and I both started screaming and he started snapping pictures with his phone because she was just so darn proud of herself after seeing our reaction! It was quite possibly the cutest thing ever! She threw her arms up in the air and she had the biggest smile! Charlie got this picture but
3. If you follow us on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook, you might have seen my Girls Night / Pinterest Party photo. This week we had a "Mama's only" party and the Dad's were in charge of all our kiddos! I have to say, we should do that more often! :) We made dinner, had a glass
or two of wine, and made tiki torch wine bottles! (more info in a post to come) We had so much fun and it was nice to sit and relax instead of worrying about pulling one kid out of the toilet, or counting time outs, or telling the big girls that they can't do cartwheels over the babies. On a full girls night, with kids, it's really just organized chaos and us Mama's are way outnumbered by kids. But, we love it...and I know we'll look back and appreciate the stressful chaos one of these days!
4. Ummmmm hello Charlie...I want a pool too! Did you find someone to pay for it, yet???? NO? Ok. Let me know when you do!
5. I get to shop for wedding stuff tomorrow and I'm kinda excited about it. I'm helping one of my best friends plan her wedding and we're getting started tomorrow. Details are surely to come!
You can check out my Pinterest board for some of our inspiration pins!